English | Español
5-Card Draw is a draw game. Each player is dealt 5 personal face-down hole cards, with the goal of making the best 5-card high hand. Players are allowed 1 draw, during which they may discard some or all of their hole cards and draw replacement cards.
- A hand begins with all players paying a forced bet, known as an ante, and the first players clockwise from the dealer placing additional forced bets, known as blinds.
- Each player is dealt 5 hole cards.
- A round of betting occurs. Starting with the first player clockwise from the blinds, each player has an opportunity to call (match) or raise (increase) the current bet, or fold and exit the hand.
- When this betting round is complete, a draw takes place.
- Starting clockwise from the button, players choose one or more cards to discard. A player may also discard no cards and “stand pat”. Players are dealt replacement cards for any discards.
- A second and final round of betting occurs, starting with the first player clockwise from the dealer.
- If two or more players remain in the hand, a showdown is held and the players’ hole cards are compared.
- The pot is awarded to the best hand, or split in the event of a tie.
- The hand now complete, the dealer button moves clockwise and the next hand begins.